Frequently Asked Questions

At Poder Legal, we pride ourselves on taking care of our clients and their families. After suffering an accident and injury many uncertainties may exist. Below is a list of frequently asked questions to assist you.

Should I settle my case on my own?

We do not recommend you settle your own case. It cannot be said enough, that insurance companies are in the business of minimizing payouts to maximize company profits. No matter how nice the insurance adjuster seems, their goal is to pay you as little as possible. Generally, a settlement requires that you sign away all of your rights to any future or additional recovery. If you fail to consult with any attorney before entering into a settlement, this could leave you with unresolved injuries, personally liable for future medical expenses and significantly under compensated for your claim.

How long will it take to resolve my case?

It’s impossible to state with any accuracy exactly how long your case will take because each case is unique. A case can resolve in weeks or years depending on numerous factors. Anyone who promises quick results is usually lying or willing to accept an unfair settlement on your behalf. All we ever promise is that we will fight to get you a fair resolution and will not rest until we do so. While this is not always a fast process, good things generally come to those who wait.

Will I need to go to court?

Going to court can be frightening thought to many. Not us. Unlike many other attorneys, we are not afraid to take your case all the way to trial. We will do everything in our power to get you fair and just compensation. While many cases settle, some do require you to go to court. But that is always a decision that is left in the client’s hands, with the advice of our team of trial lawyers. And if you do have to go to court, you will never be alone. We will prepare you for the process and be there with you every step of the way.

How much insurance should I get?

This is an important question that everyone should ask before an unfortunate event occurs. Many factors must be considered, such as the cost of the coverage and the value of your assets that you wish to protect. However, an increase in your policy limits can provider considerable protection and peace of mind without a significant increase of your premium.

What kind of insurance coverage should I get?

Equally important as the amount of coverage is the type of coverage. California requires motor vehicle coverage for injuries you cause to another. However, it does not require coverage for injuries or damages caused to you by someone driving without insurance or not enough coverage. Imagine driving down the road and being slammed into by someone driving without insurance. This could leave you with thousands of dollars in medical expenses, loss of earnings in addition to your pain, suffering and limitations. Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage is an added protection that you can include in your auto insurance policy, many times without significant increase in your premium. This coverage allows you to get compensated by your own insurance company and then let them take care of collecting from the uninsured motorist who harmed you. Similarly, Under Insured Motorist (UIM) coverage protects you if you are harmed by someone that has insufficient insurance coverage to fully compensate you for your injuries and damages.

Available 24/7 Call Today


Get a Free Case Consultation